April 8, 2015 in Staying Active & Healthy
We know how busy and exhausting life can get sometimes, making it hard to keep one of the most important aspects of life [your health] on track. This is why we have decided to pull together the 6 best apps to help you keep an active and healthy lifestyle.
- My Fitness Pal [FREE] – This is one of the most common and widely used health and fitness apps on the market. The app allows you to quickly and accurately track your intake of calories, the number of calories burned through exercise and also delivers progress updates to and from your network of friends. Have a Fitbit you are using to track your steps and calories burned? Sync the Fitbit app (which comes in ranking no. 2 in Apple’s “Top Free Apps –Health and Fitness” genre) and My Fitness Pal app for FREE and take your health and fitness to a whole new level!
- Fooducate [FREE] – With 20,082 iOS downloads in June, Fooducate is also another food tracker, yet this tracking goes far beyond just calories. Not only does the app allow you to scan barcodes on food and see a “nutrition grade,” but it will also suggest a healthier alternative to the food you are planning to eat if your item gets a bad grade! Likewise, the app provides daily tips on how to choose healthier food items, navigate through holiday meals and much, much more. With an app like this, who needs a nutritionist!?
- Lose It! [FREE] – The results of LoseIt! users speak for themselves. Altogether, users of this app have lost just shy of 39 million (yes, MILLION) pounds, and it appears that number is continuously increasing. Stop the fad diets and “magic pills” and start losing weight the healthy, sustainable way with the Lose It! Fitness app.
- Fitness Buddy [$1.00] – Do you find yourself getting tired of doing the same workout routine over and over again? The Fitness Buddy app can solve that problem! With over 1000 workouts to choose from, you never have to repeat an exercise unless you really love it!. Trying to get stronger back muscles? No problem! With the Fitness Buddy app you are able to choose specific areas of your body that you would like to target, and the app will provide a tailored workout for you.
- Noom Weight [FREE] – “Noom’s scientifically based software helps people live healthier lives.” And that is exactly what the Noom Weight app does with its online coaching regimen. The app’s technology helps to break bad habits and instill better ones by leading its users down a path toward improved nutrition and increased exercise through the use of coaching as you log your diet, as well as allowing access to a group of users for more support.
- Fitnet [FREE] – Do you want to be one of the thousands of people worldwide who are realizing and achieving their fitness goals with Fitnet? The Fitnet app is said to be perfect for people lacking time, experience or motivation to workout. Its intuitive and addictive design will keep you constantly coming back for more workouts! The app offers intelligent, real-time feedback so that you are able to get the most out of your workout by analyzing your synchronicity with the trainer you are working with for the day. Not only are the trainers they provide you certified, but they are FREE! Fitnet is a great option for users who want to either want to get started with fitness or get back on track.
Whatever your activity level –advanced, moderate or beginner—each of these apps are able to adjust to YOUR level of experience. It is time to focus on YOU. Start today!
We hope these tips help you get started on the path of creating a healthier and more active lifestyle for a better YOU! If you shy away from exercise because you experience pain when doing so, visit our pain management products page and give us a call at 419.678.4979 today. We would be happy to help you find the best product to relieve your pain.