My parents are becoming less and less independent each day, and I know that they are heading down the path of having to move to a nursing facility. I know this is something they have always stated they did not want to do. They want to live life to the fullest in the comfort of their own home. Do you know how I can help make this possible for them? I am open to any and all suggestions.
Carol in Northeast Ohio
We know firsthand that it is nearly everyone’s dream to grow old in the comfort of their own home. Yet, many, like you, are unaware that the goal to stay in your home IS 110% possible! But how, you may ask? Easy!
At New Visions, we offer a wide variety of products and services that can help to easily allow you and your loved ones to continue to watch Sunday Football in your living room, host holiday parties for all of your loved ones, and enjoy your Saturday morning coffee at your kitchen counter.
5 Products That Foster Independence
- Bath Safety Products: Slips and falls are dangerous. Prevent injury by installing grab bars, shower chairs, raised toilet seats, CleanCut tubs, and much more.
- Proper Beds: Rest with comfort by trying out hospital beds, adjustable beds, EZ adjust bed rails, or a bed cane.
- Lift Chairs: If you need help standing or sitting on your own, there are a variety of styles, fabrics and comfort levels for a lift chair to fit your needs.
- Ramps: Don’t let getting in and out of your house become an issue. Instead, try portable and modular ramps to make the process hassle-free.
- Home modifications. Need a combination of products installed into your home? What about doors widened on top of that? New lighting installed? Don’t worry! New Visions can coordinate everything you need to make your home perfect for you.
And as always, don’t procrastinate and wait until the last minute to start making changes to your parents’ home. Be proactive (start NOW!) so that you can rest assured they will live life to the fullest in the comfort of their own home.
If you would like help getting started in the process of helping your parents grow old in their home and not a facility, give us a call at 419.678.4979 today to get started!
Sarah at New Visions